Just letting you know...

This topic is about the game "Word Find Challenge." To read full rules for the game, click here.

◄ Word Find Challenge ◄ Jan 14 2019 ► ► ►

Subscribe to ◄ Word Find Challenge ◄ Jan 14 2019 ► ► ► 29 posts 6 voices

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,332 total posts | Posted 9 days ago

This week’s hostess is Bette Policequilts

If you are new to this game, please read the rules below and look
forward to a challenge that provides both FUN and PRIZES!

No purchase required to play.
If you would like to donate a prize, we really appreciate it!
It makes the game even more fun!
Word Find Challenge

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
Game Objective:
Find as many words as you can using only the letters in the given word
or phrase.
Game

1) All found words must be 3 letters or longer.
2) Proper nouns are not allowed. This includes personal names, brand
names, cities, states, etc. The word is allowed if it also has a
dictionary meaning. Example: “pat” and “robin” are acceptable.
3) Words made by simply adding an “s” at the end are not allowed. Words
ending in “s” that have their own dictionary entries are acceptable.
Example: “pets” and “drives” are not allowed, but “alms” and “measles”
are fine.
4) No contractions. Examples: can’t, don’t, won’t are not allowed.
5) No acronyms. Examples: IBM, UCLA, OMG are not allowed.
6) All acceptable words must be found in a current English dictionary.
7) All entries must contain at least 75 words.
This game will be moderated jointly by joyce72747, Policequilts,
We will alternate hosting each week, allowing all of us to get in on the
challenge, fun and prizes.
The new word or phrase for the week will be posted on or before Monday
at noon EST/9:00am PST.
WFC will appear in the Games Forum as Word Find Challenge – Week of (Date).
You will have from the day the phrase is posted through Wednesday to
work on your list.
To make it easier to check, we ask that you please put only one word on
each line.
Your list should be bmailed to the host no later than Wednesday at 8pm
EST / 5pm PST .
On Thursday at 8 pm EST , one random winner will be selected from all
eligible entries.
The length of the longest list and the average of all participants will
be posted along with any other stats the host opts to share.
To enter the WFC game just post a note on the game thread saying you’ll
take the challenge and thus be placed on the Player List for the week.
Prize

Each week the randomly selected winner will have the choice of one prize
from all prizes offered and must post that choice to the thread.
All players will have a chance to win.
Once you have won a prize, you will not be eligible to win another prize
for a month.

Feel free to ask questions here or b-mail Joyce, Bette, Emily, Nancy or
Joyce – Joyce72747
Bette – Policequilts
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
h1. WFC

(alphabetical order)
Abrafox

AutumnLeaves
Catnutti
ccmom
ChelleysCottage

CindyBear
cshort0319

divinefabricsnmore

FrankandGladys
Joyce72747

masonictreasures
mrsdinkerson

NancysNostalgicDolls

oldbaloo
Policequilts

sidewingcreations
tammiestreasures
tearyblues888
wonderwoman
ZiggyZool

Winners

Prizes

Note: Free Shipping of prizes applies to US only, unless otherwise specified.

Thank you so much to all our Prize Donors

cshort0319 Donated these prizes

. . . .
Choice of stick pin, … Christmas Charm,…. Snowman 3D sticker

. . . .
Silver Gold Trim,…. Measuring Spoons,…. Robby Robot Pencil sharpener toy

. .
25 Glass Marbles,….. 362 Red Glass beads

Policequilts Donated these prizes

Space Cat coin purse (2), … cat coin purse

Ribbon Bows, … Wooden Cat buttons

TEN YEARS FROM NOW, MAKE SURE YOU CAN SAY
THAT YOU CHOSE YOUR LIFE, YOU DIDN’T SETTLE FOR IT

A5, C2, D2, E8, F3, H2, I3, K, L2, M2, N4,
O8, R5, S5, T7, U5, W, Y6

Players

Bette Received
Carolyn Received
Joyce

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,348 total posts | Posted 8 days ago

Thank you for hosting, Bette!

Abrafox's booth

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,348 total posts | Posted 8 days ago

Good morning my friends! Currently 20*F here but a beautiful morning! Heavy fog during the night and clear blue skies this morning with sparkling frost covering everything. I participated (again) in the Friday session of the ice rescue class and was able to maneuver in the water much better this time. And I was not frightened this time either.

Abrafox's booth

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,332 total posts | Posted 8 days ago

This week’s game phrase is:

A5, C2, D2, E8, F3, H2, I3, K, L2, M2, N4,O8, R5, S5, T7, U5, W, Y6

Charlotte, it sounds like you’re the Michelin Man in the water. LOL

I have been without heat for a couple of days and the furnace is up and running. Scat couldn’t figure out where’s the heat in her bathroom tent. Had troubles just getting the cats feed and for me to eat with how cold it was.

I had to empty the back porch for the furnace man to get to the cellar door. Now I am starting to return all the bags, but trying to go through some of them and sort again.

I am so behind in listing and getting my sewing projects going.

My oldest sister has been seeing spots. 3 weeks ago they gave her medication that now she is being stalked, seeing people around her. Arghhh. They have to wait a while longer, and maybe get her off this stuff. My other sister thinks that she may be starting with dementia, but it could be all the stress this past year. From cancer surgery, chemo, a dead kitty, 2 kids that think Thanksgiving and Christmas should be held at her home and inconvenience her and there’s 2 kids that are just brats that are in their teens. Nephew took her keys away and . . . ..

This year better be better than last year.

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,193 total posts | Posted 8 days ago

We NEED Players, It’s FREE, it’s FUN here, too! So Here’s This Week’s Phrase from Our Dearie Co-Hostess, with the Mostest ~ Bette! The Phrase and Letters Available Are:

TEN YEARS FROM NOW, MAKE SURE YOU CAN SAY THAT YOU CHOSE YOUR LIFE, YOU DIDN’T SETTLE FOR IT

Here’s Buzz Assuring Woody, ‘’Ya; did GOOD! Ya’ Didn’t Settle!’’

Divine Fabrics n More

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,518 total posts | Posted 8 days ago

PLAYERS WANTED Yes,
It’s a new game at WFC and it is EASY, FREE and Fun to join in the play.
Any questions just post it here and you will receive an answer.
Game info is printed in the initial posts.
Try it! You just might like it!

TEN YEARS FROM NOW, MAKE SURE YOU CAN SAY THAT YOU CHOSE YOUR LIFE, YOU DIDN’T SETTLE FOR IT

Bette, sounds like you have really been through more than anyone should have to deal with. You are such a strong woman.
Health issues among friends and families seems to be running wild. Sure hope and pray Drs find answers and help for your sister.

Hello, Charlotte and good to see you dear, Dee.

Collectibles and So Much More

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,348 total posts | Posted 7 days ago

so glad your furnace is working now Bette! So sorry to hear abut your sister, hope her doctors can get stuff figured out soon!

Abrafox's booth

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,348 total posts | Posted 7 days ago

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,193 total posts | Posted 7 days ago

New People Come Join the Fun!

This Week’s Phrase Is:

Bette, will put your sis on my heartfelt prayers list…sometimes I have to communicate to God, ‘’Oh Dearest Lord, I know you know everyone I’m suppose to be praying for, but I’m so tired and stressed with pain, I can hardly even think of names…but like I said, I know You Know who they are, protect, bless, and keep them from harm and guide their every step, thought, words, actions, Amen.’’

I figure God is All Knowing so that type of praying is AOK, ’tis better than none at all for sure!

(((((((((((Bette’s sis))))))))))))))

Love! Peace! Joy! Hope!
Dee

Divine Fabrics n More

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,348 total posts | Posted 6 days ago

You are amazing Dee!
It is 7*F here and currently glittering with tiny little perfect ice crystals freezing right out of the air. Everything will be all sparkly when the sun comes up.

Abrafox's booth

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,518 total posts | Posted 6 days ago

Time is flying in 2019
We had our first real snow of the winter Saturday all day.
It was pretty with flurries all day but bottom line was about 6" Hubby shoveled Sunday and suffered with achy muscles.
A man’s got to do what a man’s got to
during the move we wound up with only one snow shovel.
Charlotte, sounds pretty, very pretty.

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,332 total posts | Posted 5 days ago

Wisconsin only had really one snow covering and it lasted maybe a week. So all the land is brown and tan. On the way to work yesterday morning, I drove down my winding road and across the field is the white snow topped hill: Alpine Ski Valley. Just a funny look in mainly a snowless winter so far.

I have been sending Fletcher outside when I am home and I am organizing all the bags that I took off the back porch before they go back. I have been a really good girl. For 3 1/2 days of sorting bags into "for sale and by Tops, skirts, jackets and such and the crafting items. I have about six bags of denim jeans, skirts and such that will be recycled. Some of the long denim skirts will be converted into upcycle duster jackets. I have clothing that will be used for the lace. They are full dresses or tops that must of gotten caught and sag. Perfect for the projects that will be coming up that I need a variety of laces.

Well, I will be sorting more bags and hopefully, by tomorrow I will be done. I do have 6 bags to be donated and was hoping that Thursday to pack up the truck and get those donated before my late day cleaning.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,348 total posts | Posted 5 days ago

I thought it was going to e a warmer day as the thermometer said 34*F when we got up, but it promptly dropped down to 24*F. Wait, it is back up to 30*F. It must be the storm front moving in, it is always warmer when it storms.

Abrafox's booth

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,518 total posts | Posted 5 days ago

I’m slipping
My list has not yet been started.

Has anyone seen Carolyn? Hope she’s okay.

Off now to exercise

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,332 total posts | Posted 5 days ago

Oh, yes, Joyce, I’m fine! Just, like Bette, trying to get things organized. My craft/computer/office room is so jam packed that I can barely walk in it. Mercifully, Sunday, Michael will be coming to move and put away “stuff.”

I turned in my list yesterday.

Right now, I’m contemplating – provided we get the right combination of letters, trying to go for words 8 or more letters long. They keep rolling around in my brain, like marbles, and I have no control whatsoever of them.

We’re looking forward to: no snow at all, just a dusting of snow, an average amount of snow, or a really big storm. (Our meteorologists are really trying to cover all possibilities.)

I’m wearing my angry bird “Let It Snow Somewhere Else!” sweatshirt.I don’t think it’ll do the trick, but I’m trying.

Stay warm; eat comfort food – especially, lots of chocolate.

Some of My Favorite Things

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,348 total posts | Posted 5 days ago

You are a wise woman, Carolyn. I took your advice and ate a cinnamon roll.

Currently exercising my brain with studying for my big, giant, nerve wracking national certification test scheduled for Friday along with doing washing. It works out well as I need to remember to get up and stretch my legs and the washer cycle is just right for that.

Abrafox's booth

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,332 total posts | Posted 5 days ago

Cinnamon rolls are good, too, Charlotte!

I have total confidence that you’ll do well on your certification test. You’ve worked so hard at it, and learned so much.

My very best wishes and prayers for you on Friday!

Hugs.

Carolyn

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,518 total posts | Posted 4 days ago

Hello there, Carolyn :)

We will be heading north tomorrow to tak MIL for a Dr appt
May have to cancel as right now there is a glaze like glass in our drive after a little rain that froze immediately…time will tell.

My list is at about 350 and growing with lots of words of all lengths, types etc…no real personal challenge I can put my finger on. Thinking is a good thing, no matter.

Study on, Charlotte. I know you’ll come out passing.

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,332 total posts | Posted 4 days ago

Word lists are due TONIGHT!

It was suppose to rain/sleet last night, but it didn’t in this area. Now they talked about a storm coming in Thursday and Friday, so I got antsy and went to the Thrift Shop and dropped off 7 bags of clothing and purses. I did make a dent in the back porch.

I still have 3 piles that are crafting supplies or upcycling that needs to be sorted and boxed.

Well, back to work.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,348 total posts | Posted 4 days ago

Snowing this morning and the roads are slippery.

Abrafox's booth

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,332 total posts | Posted 3 days ago

Game stats are as follows:

3 Total Players
1500 Total words from all the players
500 Average word list

6+ or 7+ letter words.

Well, off to do some quick shopping and then work.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,348 total posts | Posted 3 days ago

Good morning! 40*F this morning with a storm warning issued. Big storm expected tomorrow. More studying scheduled for today and a trip to get a new battery for my car.

Abrafox's booth

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,332 total posts | Posted 3 days ago

We’re rooting for you, Charlotte!

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,348 total posts | Posted 2 days ago

Good morning! Well, the storm looked like it was going to be bad last night but this morning it turned out to be just an average storm.

Abrafox's booth

Posted by MeemawsHouse, OH. 2,490 total posts | Posted 1 day ago

LOL, love it Charlotte! Study away friend but I know how determined you are to complete this course and how hard you pushed yourself.

Good to see everyone is staying warm. :) I’m waiting on the big storm to hit here, but we will be ready and waiting! Grandpa is stocking up extra milk, bread and some fruit to hold us over.

Christmas was wonderful and peaceful here, as long as I don’t dwell on what can’t be helped. The kids got 3 gifts and the 2 little ones got a few extra (like a precious moments 100 pc puzzle to share). Dear daughter from Detroit came down with her 5 children and husband for 3 1/2 hours and it was chaos and bedlam on Christmas afternoon, but also peaceful down in my heart. Dear Son also eloped and got married at the tender age of 34! Praise the Lord as he’s been with her for 17 years but I wish we could have been there.

Blessings to all!

Meemaw's House

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,332 total posts | Posted 1 day ago

Believe it or not we’re in an offical "Snow Emergency: situation here for the next couple of days or more.

We did have a dusting of snow this morning – perhaps a quarter of an inch, and it’s mostly gone. Sky is clear, but we’ve been warned – only emergency vehicles are allowed on the roads.

Pretty strange.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,348 total posts | Posted 1 day ago

Stay safe Carolyn!
We are even (way out west) hearing about your expected storm, Dawn. Stay warm and safe! Glad you had a wonderful Christmas!
Hoping things are going better for you Dee and Kathy!
I wonder what adventures Joyce has been up to….
You sound super busy and hard working as usual Bette! Hope the kitties are behaving!
Well, took the big test today but won’t hear the results for 2-3 business days. I don’t know why the results just don’t show upon completion as the test is all electronic. Maybe they don’t want people dancing around in joy (or despair, as the case may be) and disturbing the others who are testing.

Abrafox's booth
Spinner

You may adjust your notification preferences at any time

Minimum 6 characters; at least one number and one capital letter

If you become a seller on Bonanza, this information will become part of your public profile

New to Bonanza? Sign up to save items, follow sellers and get exclusive coupons.

Don't worry - Bonanza respects your inbox. We send less email and make it easy to opt out. Read our privacy policy »